The Berlin Drawing Room was founded in 2011 when Mira O'Brien decided to offer the first Drawing Workshop. Since then, the offerings have expanded to include a variety of workshops with a focus on drawing and painting. We continue to branch out by collaborating with other organizations, such as the Prinzessinnengarten, and bringing additional artists into our team.
We believe that the experience of hands-on creation should be accessible to anyone and that drawing is not a skill reserved for art making but is an essential part of communication and perceiving the world.
Is previous experience required to attend a workshop?
No! Most of the workshops are geared towards beginners and aim to provide a solid foundation as well as some new techniques and tricks for the more experienced.
What is the language of instruction at the Berlin Drawing Room?
The main language of the Berlin Drawing Room is English, however communication in German is also possible.
What if I miss a class?
It is possible to attend the class you missed the next time the workshop is offered, if there is space in the class and at the instructor's discretion. Please inquire.
Are workshop fees refundable?
If you sign up for a workshop and then realize that you will not be able to attend, we can refund the workshop fee (minus any transaction fees) up to four weeks before the start date. After the four week cut off, or after a workshop has started, no refund is possible. Workshop fees are transferable, so you could find someone to take your place. Under certain limited circumstances, BDR credit can be issued. Please inquire.
- Workshop fees are refundable up to four weeks before the workshop start date, minus any transaction fees (for example if you paid using Paypal there are transaction fees).
- No partial refund is possible after the workshop has started.
- Workshop fees are transferable, so it is possible to have someone take your place if you have to miss a class.
- The deposit for a private workshop is nonrefundable.
- In certain cases, another qualified instructor may substitute for the instructor listed in the workshop description.
- If not enough people sign up for a workshop, it could be cancelled. In this case you will receive a full refund.
- A class meeting might be postponed due to unavoidable circumstances such as extreme weather, damage to the building, last minute illness, etc... If the class is postponed, no refund will be issued but we will work with everyone in the class to find a suitable make-date or if you cannot attend the make-up date, we will offer you an alternative such as class credit for another workshop.