Dive into the process of Cyanotype in this intensive weekend workshop! Cyanotype is a photographic technique that exposes images in sunlight. Creating an image requires no negatives but rather invites a direct approach that combines elements of drawing, painting and sculpture with the final element of time.
Learn to paint with light and iron with artist Hiroshi McDonald Mori. This workshop is the first in a series of Guest Artists Workshops where artists are invited to teach techniques specific to their own practice.
During this 2 day workshop, you can expect to learn:
- Chemistry involved in Cyanotype technique
- Results of using different types of paper and other surfaces for printing
- How to make test prints to set exposure time in varying weather conditions
- Tips for creating a sharper image, or a blurred "in-motion" image
- Experimental techniques for drawing and painting with Cyanotype
- Using tea to create varied tones
- Introduction to the history of Cyanotype and examples of artists, both historical and contemporary
Schedule: 11:00 - 15:00, September 10-11 (Saturday & Sunday)
Location: Hiroshi's studio near Moritzplatz, exact address given upon registration
Cost: 80 Euro (2 days, includes all chemistry, paper for test prints)