Make your own sketchbook with G Caruso! We will make a Japanese style accordion sketchbook with the paper of your choice. During this recording G guides the class with step by step demonstrations of how to create a sketchbook so that you can start your sketchbook practice journey.
You can go deeper into your sketchbook practice journey with our Sketchbook Practice Workshop Series. This is a recording of our Free livestreaming Class that took place on January 24, 2022.
- Paper for the inside.
- Paper can be any size, A4 is fine. We will learn a joining technique that will enable us to create a long narrow format starting with any paper size. If you have larger format paper, 70x100cm, you can cut a long strip. This will all be explained during the class.
- Pressed cardboard for the cover
- Decorative paper for the cover and the inner cover
- PVA glue: liquid book making glue like Vinavil, Lineco: Books by Hand, or even Elmer’s.
- Brush / Spatul a for the glue
- Cutter and cutting board, some sort of ruler for cutting
- Paper folder or an rigid sooth instrument for folding corners
- Big books for weight
- Pencil to mark paper