Creative Drawing Workshop
with Anita Kroo
Dripping, scratching, dashing and meandering lines literally jump off the paper during this workshop, exploring the process of drawing and its intrinsic link to creativity. As we unravel and reconstruct the drawing process, we expand our individual conceptions of what a drawing be and the depth to which it can be a direct channel to self expression.
Material and technique investigations are combined with principles of composition, line and form in order to generate new and personal ways of image making. A range of drawing materials, such as ink, graphite, charcoal, oil pastel and monoprinting, are applied in both traditional and irreverent ways. Each class includes guided instruction, as well as time for exploration, around a specific technique. Examples from contemporary art practices, as well as art history, provide reference points and inspiration for each new technique. The workshop also includes a field trip visiting contemporary art galleries.
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
October 6 – November 3, 2021
5 x Tuesday 6-8pm livestreaming
(includes 19% VAT)
15 seats available