Subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest class schedule.
with G Caruso
Learn how to draw the figure in fluid and gestural watercolor.
The dynamic and immediate nature of watercolor is perfectly suited to capture the expressive capacity of the human form. From quick and minimal calligraphic strokes to layered meditative studies, explore diverse watercolor techniques. Gain the tools to develop your own individual poetic language of the human body.
This expressive approach to the human form is a passion for artist and educator G Caruso. Drawing upon 25 years of watercolor practice plus 15 years of anatomy and figure research, G will share their expertise and support you in developing your own figure drawing practice.
This workshop will include step by step watercolor technique demos (accessible at all levels, even absolute beginners). Conversations about the nature of representation of the human body on paper, both from a contemporary as well as art historical perspective, will deepen our artistic approaches.
- Wet on dry traditional watercolor technique
- Ink and watercolor techniques
- Tonal Values analysis and shadow patterns
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
Figure: Watercolor Techniques
September 30 – October 28, 2021
5 x Thursdays from 6-8 pm CET ONLINE
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 160 Euros*
*includes 19% VAT