Subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest class schedule.
with G Caruso
Explore figure drawing techniques across different eras and cultures with master figurative artist G Caruso.
Figure drawing has been part of the human artistic expression since the origins of society and culture. We will take a journey across history and the globe to observe and learn how the human body has been represented and how. We will learn different figure drawing styles and take inspiration from classical art and old masters alike.
This workshop is useful for anyone that is interested in drawing or painting the figure. Whether your goal is to paint Renaissance style portraits in oil or create graphic characters on the computer, learning from art history is one of your most powerful tools. During this overview, you will discover tips and tricks, stylistic flourishes and material innovations that have been used by other artists and that you can adapt for your own work.
- History of Figure Drawing
- Ancient forms of figure drawing
- Classical figure drawing studies
- Modern figure drawing studies
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
Figure: Drawing Techniques
August 26, 2021 – September 23, 2021
5x Thursdays 6-8 CET Online
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 160 Euros