Subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest class schedule.
Figure Drawing: Hands and Feet
Artist-instructor: G Caruso
Format: Online Live (livestreaming with class recordings and instructor feedback).
July 14 – August 18, 2022
– 6x Thursdays
– 6-8pm CET Online
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 185 Euros
What to Expect:
Give accuracy and expression to your figure drawings by learning how to draw hands and feet.
Hands and feet are often focal points in figurative art, used to express allegorical concepts or convey emotions. Learn how these complex small machines work by understanding their anatomy.
This workshop is useful for anyone that is interested in drawing or painting the figure. Whether your goal is to paint Renaissance style portraits in oil or create graphic characters on the computer, gaining confidence drawing hands and feet will provide your figures with new expressive capacity.
- Structure and basic bones of hands and feet
- Muscle morphology of hands and feet
- Historical studies of hands and feet
Figure Drawing Workshop Series:
This workshop is part of the year-round Figure Drawing and Painting Workshop Series. See scheduled modules for the entire year HERE. Join at the start of any module! Continuing students receive a 10% discount on consecutive modules.
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.