Subscribe to the newsletter to receive the latest class schedule.
Figure Drawing: Morpho Anatomy
Artist-instructor: G Caruso
Format: Online Live (livestreaming with class recordings and instructor feedback).
March 31 – May 19, 2022
– 8x Thursdays
– 6-8pm CET Online
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 230 Euros
What to Expect:
Learn how muscles define form during this anatomy drawing workshop. Discover the essentials of morphology for artists and understand the human machine on paper. G Caruso has developed a practical vocabulary, over the years, that can be useful for every artist regardless of their level.
- The main muscle groups of torso and limbs
- Learning how muscle behave and change shape
- Connect muscles to their origin insertions and joints
Morphology is the term used to refer to the visible form of muscular anatomy. When we study anatomy as artists we focus on those muscle groups that define the shape and form of the body. During this workshop we learn all of them!
The great magic of understanding how muscles are organized and behave allows you to approach your figure drawing with confidence and achieve better results.
Figure Drawing Workshop Series:
This workshop is part of the year-round Figure Drawing and Painting Workshop Series. See scheduled modules for the entire year HERE. Join at the start of any module! Continuing students receive a 10% discount on consecutive modules.
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.