Artist-instructor: G Caruso
Format: Livestreaming via zoom
January 24, 2022
6-8pm CET (6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Materials: Scroll down for list
What you will learn:
Make your own sketchbook with G Caruso, we will make a Japanese style accordion sketchbook with the paper of your choice. They will guide the class with step by step demonstrations of how to create a sketchbook so that you can start your sketchbook practice journey.
How to join:
Sign up for our newsletter and receive the Zoom link to the livestreaming class. A newsletter will be sent out Monday, January 24 in the morning with login details for the online class. Will there be more free classes? Yes! They will be announced via our Newsletter.
- Paper for the inside.
- Paper can be any size, A4 is fine. We will learn a joining technique that will enable us to create a long narrow format starting with any paper size. If you have larger format paper, 70x100cm, you can cut a long strip. This will all be explained during the class.
- Pressed cardboard for the cover
- Decorative paper for the cover and the inner cover
- PVA glue: liquid book making glue like Vinavil, Lineco: Books by Hand, or even Elmer’s.
- Brush / Spatul a for the glue
- Cutter and cutting board, some sort of ruler for cutting
- Paper folder or an rigid sooth instrument for folding corners
- Big books for weight
- Pencil to mark paper
Hey did you miss the live class?
We have recordings of some of our free classes on our YouTube channel!
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the invitation to the next free class. We offer free livestreaming drawing and painting classes about once per month on different topics.