5 seats available
Sketchbook Practice: Gouache
November 1, 2021 – December 6, 2021
6x Monday from 6-8 pm CET
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Format: Online Livestreaming
Cost: 185 Euros
(includes 19% VAT)
with G Caruso
G Caruso will guide you through the process of using gouache to do color studies and location sketches in your sketchbook. Through detailed step by step demos and individual tutoring. In the workshop you will learn tips and tricks on rendering landscape features such as water, architecture, plants and trees, and other subjects like still life or figures efficiently and expressively
You will learn:
- From start to finish, how to create a quick painting in gouache.
- How to use the opaque medium of gouache to enhance your sketches
- How to choose and mix colors
- Painting with Gouache
Gouache is a painting medium very close to watercolor, in fact if you already have a watercolor palette, you just need to buy a tube of white and you’re ready to go! The difference between gouache and watercolor is mainly the fact that gouache is opaque and allows more rework and layering than the unforgiving watercolor. Gouache could be a comforting interlude before getting back to your watercolor practice or a valuable tool for creating studies for future oil or acrylic paintings.
This workshop is part of the year-round workshop series Sketchbook Practice. See scheduled modules for the entire year HERE. Join at the start of any module!
Our Online Workshop Format
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.