12 seats available
Sketchbook Practice: Monsters
Artist-instructor: G Caruso
Format: Online Live (livestreaming with class recordings and instructor feedback).
April 4 – May 30, 2022
– 8x Mondays
– 6-8pm CET Online
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 230 Euros
What to Expect:
Have you ever made an ugly drawing? Has the fear that your drawing is not “pretty” enough ever stopped you from being creative? Time to meet your monster!
Artists have used monsters and mythological creatures throughout art history to explore their inner worlds and experiment with lines and colors in a free and expressive way. We will look at the suggestive work of artists like Goya and Bosch, as well as the visual traditions of mythology, for inspiration.
We will develop our own language of monsters and creatures, while experimenting with a variety of techniques. Gesture and personal expression will be explored using mixed media drawing. We will tear down all the walls to help your artistic voice break free again!
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.