12 seats available
Sketchbook Practice: Water Mediums
Artist-instructor: G Caruso
Format: Online Live (livestreaming with class recordings and instructor feedback).
October 24 – December 12, 2022
– 8x Mondays
– 6-8pm CET Online
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 230 Euros
What to Expect:
Combine drawing and painting and achieve a mixed media sketching style all your own! Gain confidence through practice and experimentation, as the unique interactions between specific materials reveal themselves during each class.
Learn how to use different water-soluble drawing mediums, from pen and inks to graphite and pencils, in combination with watercolor. Yes even ink and graphite can be water soluble. Explore different papers and how to choose the best surface for your combination of mediums. Discover a practical approach to a mixed media sketchbook through G Caruso’s expertise.
- The importance of shadows and how they can bring structure to a mixed media drawing.
- Use water-soluble pencils to color larger areas while creating interesting textures.
- Navigate paper types and diverse materials with confidence.
- Learn how to turn the unexpected into an opportunity for creativity.
- Develop your own style as you discover the combination of mediums that best suits your approach.
This workshop is part of the year-round workshop series Sketchbook Practice. See scheduled modules for the entire year HERE. Join at the start of any module! Continuing students receive a 10% discount on consecutive modules.
Our Online Workshop Format:
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.