with G Caruso
Learn how to incorporate watercolor techniques into your sketchbook practice.
Watercolor is a medium beloved for its immediacy and versatility. Centuries before the modern romantic age revival as a carnet de voyage (travel sketching) medium, watercolor was employed by old masters in their sketches. We will explore how to use watercolor to create project sketches, color studies and creative illustrations in our sketchbooks.
Join us, whether you are experienced or just starting your sketchbook practice. The techniques we cover will provide a foundation in watercolor sketching for beginners while providing new concrete skills for the more advanced.
- Basic principles of watercolor painting and use of the medium
- How to do color studies and develop a personal color palette
- Learn different styles of watercolor sketching
This workshop is part of the year-round workshop series Sketchbook Practice. See scheduled modules for the entire year HERE. Join at the start of any module!
Our Online Workshop Format
- Livestreaming classes take place via online video conference (using Zoom). The instructor conducts live demos with step-by-step instruction so that you can work together in real time. You also have the opportunity to ask questions and get feedback during class time.
- We keep class sizes small and the atmosphere is interactive and supportive.
- Finish exercises or practice at your own pace, at home, outside of class time.
- Receive individual feedback on your completed work and exchange comments and questions with the instructor and your fellow workshop participants in an encouraging environment.
- Find supplemental material and watch the progress of other participants by visiting the workshop Dropbox folder in between classes.
- Recordings from each week’s livestreaming session are available in case you miss a class or want to review a demo.
Sketchbook Practice: Watercolor
November 1, 2021 – December 20, 2021
8x Monday from 6-8 pm CET
(6pm in Berlin, 12pm in New York, 9am in San Francisco, 5pm in London)
Cost: 230 Euros
(includes 19% VAT)
14 seats available